Tuesday 31 August 2010

Vinylicious

My www.dewaalart.com headboard
The Salty C Dog (a.k.a The Mommy) stumbled upon this little gem, and I have to admit she's played out of her boots. Lecia De Waal is the mastermind behind www.dewaalart.com and the magic happens from her studio in Hout Bay. Lecia's bag of tricks includes
  • wall art
  • art workshops
  • fine art commissions
  • styling
  • design and drawing work 
Her work is all gorgeous, but in my opinion it's her vinyl range that's killer! Chandeliers and lighting, cats, tree silhouettes, bookshelves, picture frames, it's all there, in any colour you want. I'd been looking for a headboard for an age and couldn't find anything between the naff and the over-priced. And then I found these bad boys - a range of beautifully ornate vinyl headboards. Her website is decor p*rn for me and I pity the struggle that lies ahead in trying to stop yourself from covering your house in these easy-to-apply conversation pieces. I must confess, one couldn't quell my desire and I now have the birdcage hanging in the entrance hall too. At just R250, I might add. Her vinyl range is incredibly well priced, as is her shipping at just R140 to anywhere in SA. 

Click here to play!

Yours in support of South African design, 

brandslut xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment